Well as you know I can’t follow a recipe to save my life but I think I stayed pretty close on this one. This meal is a total winner. It had a little of everything and it looks beautiful. Like
As planned I used the Apartment Kitchen recipe as my base. I couldn’t find fava beans so I substituted garbanzo beans. I know they are not really comparable but it sounded good to me. I forgot to get the shallots so I used red onion. I also played with the amount of pasta and sausage to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. Finally, I took out the cheese because of my intolerance.
Warm Chicken Sausage Salad
2 oz Whole Wheat short pasta
Pam Butter Spray
2 ½ TJ’s Jalapeno Chicken Sausages (100 cals each), thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 cups arugula
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil water and heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add salt and pasta to boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks spay the pan with Pam and add the sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and slightly browned.
- Add the garbanzo beans and sauté another few minutes till warmed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked and drained pasta, tomatoes, arugula, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together until the arugula gets bright green and wilted.
This makes two generous portions.
I added cheese to the husband’s plate.