This is as usual my take on a Weight Watchers recipe. I made it on Saturday and served it to my husband and friends before a long night of Rock Band.
I love to make things in the crock-pot!! It make the house smell wonderful and the husband hardly has any cleanup after dinner. This chili is thick and full of beans. I served it with corn bread and salad. All entire the meal was only 7 points!
Turkey Sausage Chili
12 oz TJ’s Smoked Turkey Kielbasa, sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
1/2 large onion chopped
5 sprays of olive oil
pinch of salt
3 grinds of pepper
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp regular chili powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 dash of ancho chili powder
3 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes w/green chilies
2 (14.5 oz) cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 oz) can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
4 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat a dry nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove the sausage and spray the pan with olive oil. Add the onion, salt, and pepper and cook until translucent. Off the heat add the spices.
- Place all of the canned ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours.
- For the last hour or so take the lid off and let the chili thicken otherwise it comes out a little soupy.
- Ladle into 6 bowls and top with onions. Each portion has just 5 points. (You can also add light shredded cheese but this will change the point value.)
So good and easy people will think you can cook.
Yummy corn bread to follow soon.